View Single Post
Old
01-04-2011, 03:19 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Callahan more valuable than we thought?

There's no denying how valuable Callahan is to this team.

The way the last few games have gone it's becoming more apparent to me how much he means to this team and system - and it's not about the points really. It's about the work ethic he brings to the table every night, the style of game he plays and the roles he so aptly fills.

The Rangers have had trouble keeping possession for long stretches and Cally's tenacious forecheck and neutral zone play is contagious. Sometimes you don't realize just how valuable someone is to the team until they are out. That certainly wasn't the case when he went down, because we all knew there would be a huge hole left in this roster, but to credit him - it's almost more than I expected in respect to how this team has to get points. 3-2-2 since Dec 15th.

We have a very tough January ahead. Tomorrow will be three weeks since he's sustained the injury. It was a week ago when Gross said the swelling still hadn't subsided. So if it's 8 weeks we are looking at the second week in February. Yikes.

When he got hurt I wanted to stay positive and said a rested Cally for the stretch-run and playoffs is a huge bonus. But with Prospal having trouble and some other lingering injuries this team is going to have to really bear down.

Quote:
As for Ryan Callahan (broken left hand), he’s still not able to skate and Tortorella estimated he might still be three to four weeks away.
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote