Old
06-24-2005, 08:23 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMe7219
We deserve it... and we proved we can host a college championship with the lacrosse finals this year. And Tampa got 2012!?!?! How is Tampa a better hockey town the Philly? Hell, the closest Div. 1 school to Tampa is U. of Alabama-Huntsville.

it's all about how much money the city is willing it put into it.

Also, they're "trying to grow hockey in the south." They also went to Anaheim one year. I would have went as well, but seriously, Philadelphia has never been a college town, this city only gets up for basketball, I'd be lying if I said one way or the other if Tampa is 'all-about college sports' but you can make a case one way or the other for most NHL cities, but the #1 aspect is how much the city is willing to put into it ($) , and can we see John Street committing money to this? The answer is so simple I don't even need to tell you.

I can't believe how far ahead they decide these things. 2012 already? That is also a lot of time to lose the Frozen Four, and it's not like that's never happened (I don't remember when, but I'm pretty sure it's happened)