Thread: Proposal: Any interest in Robyn Regehr?
View Single Post
Old
01-04-2011, 06:51 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime View Post
I know you don't care, but I'm honestly not trying to troll. I'm sorry for undervaluing JvR; it just seems like he's a forgotten man when the Flyers get talked about. I thought maybe management might be looking to move him. Clearly his value is way higher than I had thought.
It's not just you who doesn't understand that JVR is playing very well despite limited time. And besides him playing well, every once in a while there are those flashes where he just dominates everything that makes me think, even for a second, he could be the most dominant forward on this team in a few years. Of course that would be hard with Carter, Richards, Giroux, etc, but when he gets his legs driving he's a force.

Quote:
With that said, Robyn Regehr is worth a lot more than Carle/Carcillo. Carle plus some combination of prospects/2nd/3rd rounders, I'm not sure what. I don't really follow the Flyers that closely. Though HF has the Flyers ranked 28th as far as prospect depth goes, and like the Flames, most of that depth looks to be on the blue line and in goal.
The Flyers prospect pool is short on forwards. We don't really have any bluechips, but we have quite a few quality defenseman and a couple good goalies.

We also need our picks. It doesn't look like the Flyers and Flames are good trading partners.

Quote:
So with that said, I have no idea. IF Holmgren wanted Regehr, he could probably get him. But none of you really seem to want him, so it is what it is.
He'd be a nice upgrade to Carle, and Meszaros would take Carle's spot making our defense look like:

Pronger - Meszaros
Timonen - Coburn
Regehr - O'Donnell

It looks nice, but it's not particularly necessary to acquire Regehr.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote