View Single Post
Old
01-04-2011, 08:34 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Two things, as high as we are on Josi, Blum and Ellis, none are the complete package that Suter is. Not even close. The way we develop defensemen it will be 3 years before any of them are viable NHL options on the blue line. Look at the Klein and Franson situations. Look at how long it took Suter and Weber to develop too. None of the three mentioned are in the same class and we won't know until down the road if they'll even approach the hype. Why trade your best all around player for a top draft pick that may or may not pan out. The ownership has stated the money will be there to sign Suter and Weber and if they don't put their money where there mouth is then bad on them.

Secondly, if I were a GM of either team, I'd make a Weber for Parise swap. It gives the Devils the big bad defenseman they've missed since Stevens retired and it gives the Preds a top 3 forward that they've never had but would fit the two way system we play. It also keeps Suter in Nashville which to me is a lot more important than keeping Weber in Nashville. I am a huge Weber fan but the reason Weber is so successful is because of the guy that is paired with him. Suter can survive without Weber whereas Weber will struggle when paired with other defensemen. It's not a bash on Weber but he has limitations to his game and where he isn't strong, Suter excels at. They make a great pairing but if I had to pick one to build a team around at this point I'd have to pick Suter.

So in answer to your question, no, Suter is not available.

The only way Suter becomes available is if Poile realizes he can't re-sign Suter and trades him at next years trade line.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote