View Single Post
Old
01-04-2011, 11:22 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
If anyone needs a fire lit under their ass its Gaborik. The guy has no excuse for disappearig for stretches. He's supposed to be our "best player" and he's certainly being paid like it.

Gaborik is an enigma. He picks and choses when he feels like skating. He floats most of the time.

When Tortorella calls him out, you'd like to see some kind of effort on the ice, some kind of response, but there's nothing.

Elite players, winners, show up and elevate their game when there are key injuries and when games are close, and every point is important.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but I expect a lot more effort and urgency every shift from a guy labeled as "elite" and someone being paid to be our "best player". And more guts, too. The guy sits out of games if he feels anything. He's a hypochondriac. Either that, or he really is that frail.

Lundqvist
Staal
Dubinsky
Callahan
Girardi
Boyle
Stepan
Prust
Anisimov
Sauer

Are all playing better, more consistent. And have more dignity in their game, and play at 100% every shift. Can't say the same for Gaborik. His stats are fine, but watching him play, he simply isn't putting forth an honest effort. It looks like he dogs a handful of shifts at a time.

I hope Gaborik makes me eat crow, I really do, because we are stuck with this guy at over a 7 mil cap hit for the next 3 1/2 seasons. And I'm assuming a no-trade clause, too.

Its pathetic when PRUST is playing more consistent then your 7+ mil "best player".

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote