Thread: Proposal: Pens-Hurricanes
View Single Post
Old
01-05-2011, 06:49 AM
Nachoman AlfieSavage*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
I don't know why you think the fact that allstar dmen don't have a lot of takeaways means they're not indicative of solid defensive play, forwards tend to have a lot more takeaways than dmen anyway. Staal isn't in another stratosphere than Malkin defensively. Since Malkin has been in the league he's outproduced Staal every year, in 06-07 by 15 points, in 07-08 by 24 points, in 08-09 by 38 points and in 09-10 by 7 points.
I was saying exactly that in response to one person saying "Malkin had takeaways which means hes not weak defensively". Clearly those elite dmen are great defensively despite not being anywhere near the lead league in takeaways. That was the point.

I just provided Corsi ratings and scouting reports, with links to hockey analysts who refute your claim. All you have done is made an ad hominem statement (about his defence).

Malkin is a lethargic one dimensional forward who is regressing offensively. He seems disinterested and is a defensive liability that's weak on the draw. He has all the natural skill one could dream of, which would compensate for defensive weakness..... if he was actually producing like one of the top 3 players on the planet. Eric Staal's bio is one as a solid 2 way player, who isn't lethargic. Oh, and he's producing better offensively this year. Carolina says no.

Last edited by Nachoman AlfieSavage*: 01-05-2011 at 06:54 AM.
Nachoman AlfieSavage* is offline   Reply With Quote