View Single Post
Old
01-05-2011, 08:22 AM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
JLSG, I know this is at least 2 seasons away but say we keep Weber, Suter and Klein and Josi pans out the way we think he can, would a Weber/Josi and Suter/Klein set of pairings be effective? Josi to me is the closest thing we have to Suter in the system, a good two way player with natural instincts that can puck handle quite well. Kind of like a poor man's Suter if you will. If he pans out, would it be worth splitting Weber and Suter up at that point and doing the pairings I suggested to give us better depth and always have one of our two studs on the ice for a majority of the game? Anaheim used this to perfection when they had Niedermayer and Pronger. The Devils did the same thing with Stevens and Niedermayer. It basically left them without about 10 minutes of time a game to fill in with their third pairing guys. Also, from what we've seen of Klein this year, a Suter/Klein pairing could be a very good shutdown pair in time as well. It also keeps both top pairings with a right/left combo which I'm in favor of as well.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote