View Single Post
Old
01-05-2011, 08:36 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I'm a little surprised by this thread. Cally is HUGE for us. You don't get a guy like Torts singing praises like that for just anybody. He would talk Cally up game after game.
I'm surprised too - and thats kinda what I wanted to convey.

If you told me i wouldve posted that OP 3 weeks ago, i would've said you're nuts. Because If theres anyone who appreciates Callys leadership, effort and consistency I'd like to think its me. I'm surprised at myself for maybe thinking we could "get by" without him for a little while and its not just because the Rangers have had trouble scoring lately. Its more than that.

Im just trying to point out that I can see things getting hairy the next few weeks here and I keep going back to what this team lacks without Cally in the lineup - so i decided to offer up a bit of crow to myself and in the process credit Callahan's presence even more.

Not saying this team is going to fall off the map by any means. But the games have caught up to them. They are in 7th now, they have a bit of a trap game tonight against a team thats had their number lately. Tonights huge because the next 6 games after tonight the Rangers play 6 playoff teams, all of whom average 48 points on the season and then they still have the Thrashers and Caps AFTER that this month.

Very tough road ahead, and unfortunately I think this thread is going to become more appropriate for lack of a better word.

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote