View Single Post
Old
01-05-2011, 08:32 PM
David Singleton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
You're reaching a little on Pickard, Watson and from what we've seen Klasen. Based on the odds only 2 or 3 of those guys will "make it" in the NHL. So you give them up and we're left with what we currently have, a team of 3rd line players. If you look at the guys we have here now that have come through the system, they represent a small perc of all the players that played in Milwaukee. So it ends up being a pretty big price to pay.
I'm reaching on Watson, most definitely. Of course, he was a first round pick from last season.

I don't think I'm reaching at all with Ellis, Josi, Blum.

Don't think I'm reaching with Klasen. I've really liked what I've seen from him to this point.

Based on Nashville's odds with defenseman, I'd say Ellis, Josi and Blum are all pretty safe bets.

Pickard's a definite reach, particularly with his down year. But does that completely ruin his value? I concede it might. I guessed that he might be desirable for Calgary in the event that want a goalie or two to potentially replace Kipursoff.

There are really two ways to approach the question.

First, is it fair value? That's debatable, but I believe it's at least close.

Then, will the two prospects chosen by Calgary "empty Nashville's cupboard"? I think the clear answer here is definitely not when one looks at the prospects this team has in juniors, the AHL and playing in the NHL now (including young players like Wilson, O'Reilly, Kostitsyn and Hornqvist).

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote