View Single Post
Old
01-05-2011, 11:08 PM
wahoowa
All in the Game

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I dont get relationships where people are 16-22. Most are just practice for real life, yet some people take them so seriously. If you invest too much too early, you are setting yourself up for failure (and I repeat, this is based on what I have seen and heard, nothing else). It's hard to give it your all in a relationship when you are not fully mature, have no financial stability, and haven't actually lived life at all.
I think every situation is different. My girlfriend and I started dating the third month of my freshman year and we've been dating ever since (>4 years). Couldn't be happier and planning on asking her to marry me when we go to Europe this summer. I think it just depends on the relative maturity of the people involved; I've known plenty of college relationships that crashed and burned whereas a couple of my good friends have been together just as long as I have and have begun to get engaged.

I agree with you on the whole though - too many people are rushing into relationships. College can mature you quickly though (if you take it seriously) and I think you hit the nail on the head when you said 2nd/3rd year may be a better time to start dating. But there certainly isn't a golden rule.

I think there may be more spoiled brats/*******s/meatheads/etc in our generation, but there are still TONS of great people out there. I firmly believe that if you are patient, you will find someone.

On a less serious note, I'm ****ing ready for March Madness already. Kind of sad. I guess the BCS Championship will have to do but I have no idea who to root for. I guess Oregon because I'm ****ing tired of hearing about how great the SEC is and Chip Kelly seems like a cool dude.