View Single Post
Old
01-05-2011, 11:35 PM
Galchenyuk27
Fire Bergevin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardish View Post
Rosetta Stone is not really good to be honest. You will learn words, but won't be able to do a sentance that makes sense. It might be different for French (it's my native language, so didn't try the french software obviously), but for the other languages I learned it wasn't efficient. Like everything in this world, you can get it for free if you know where to look.

Best way (by yourself) would be I guess to get yourself a workbook and work hard. Listening to French TV/movies, reading french too. You could also get something like Pilsmeur (audio files) and listen to it in your car. Travel to French speaking countries.

It's hard to learn a language when you are not really motivated (like everything else I guess).

Quebecois French is probably as different from France as is US English from England.
So basically learning "France French" (which is presumably way more prevalent and easy to find) wouldn't be that bad, it's just accent and the odd expression here and there?

I'm glad you told me that now about Rosetta Stone considering I think it's like $500 for one stage.

I'm so overwhelmed, I just don't know where to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
cheapest and most enjoyable way to learn french is to do french.

By that, I mean, find a french speaking girlfriend.
My girlfriend of 2+ years who is also a Habs fan now probably wouldn't like that too much.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote