View Single Post
Old
01-06-2011, 08:29 AM
doakacola*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I would not have the ballz to trade Fasth for Kreider.

If Fasth becomes a better player the Kreider after the fact, I would say that I had that hunch...

Nah, I should not get a head of myself. Kreider is a fine prospect. The thing is, a lot of things have raised the bar for Kreider in terms of expectations. You pick mid 1st-round -- you want a player. You can under no circumstances expect a 1st lineer. But you want a 2nd-3rd lineer. After seeing Kreider's raw abilitys -- I think I personally started to expect more then that from Kreider. Maybe hoping that he could become -- some sort of at least -- our "Zach Parise"/"Mike Richards". IN THAT SENSE, I have been dispointed when watching Kreider lately.

When I see Kreider these days, my hope is that he will become like a STEVE LARMER anno 2010. With Fasth, like I said you never know, but he is -- and should be -- behind Kreider on any prospect ranking. But he is a kid who have low/zero expectations on him, and who does a lot with what he have. Its easy to like kids like that.
I don't get the negativity on Kreider from you. He scored 10 goals in the two WJC tourneys, 3 goals in the four medal games he played. Don't know if he scored any goals in the semifinals last year. Kreider once paired with a creative , good skating centerman will thrive in the NHL. Worst case this kid will be a Bob Bourne or Bob Gainey type player. Best case he will score 40+ a few times in his career.