View Single Post
Old
01-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Oilerdiehard

vCash: 500
Another thing that will be interesting about the February 12th Strikeforce event is that the entire card is all heavyweight fights.

Has that ever been done before?

Also as I mentioned previous there is a reserve bout between Shane Del Rosario and Lavar Johnson.

Now they have now added a second reserve fight.

It will be Alistair Overeem's brother Valentijn against K-1 fighter Ray Sefo.

Edit - Brandon Vera released from the UFC.

http://mmaweekly.com/brandon-vera-re...o-thiago-silva

I still remember Vera making his debut on one of the first Fight Nights. He was proclaiming something to the effect before even having his first UFC fight that he would be the champ in two different weight classes in the UFC. If I recall correctly he said within two years or something like that it would happen. Things do not always go to plan I guess.

I wonder if he lands in Strikeforce or somewhere? Maybe he tries the whole independent thing like Keith Jardine and figure he will fight his way back into the UFC. Then loses his first fight after that.

Edit #2 - Marcus "The Irish Handgrenade" Davis has also been released by the UFC.

I guess he will no longer be on every English/Irish UFC card any longer. My memory says he won a few fight of the night honours in his time. Also be interesting to see where he turns up as well.

Last edited by Oilerdiehard: 01-06-2011 at 03:10 PM.