View Single Post
Old
01-06-2011, 10:58 AM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
If we could hold on to Ellis and bring in Iginla, then definitely do it.

If Calgary must have Ellis, then it would depend on what else they were asking for.

But the opportunity to add a player like Jarome Iginla doesn't come around very often, People are talking about what happens if we have more depth injuries? Really? Adding Iginla increases our depth and decreases our dependency on that depth. It means that our top 6 wingers are Iginla, Kostitsyn, Wilson, Hornqvist, Erat and Svatos, then if Sully makes it back this season we are absolutely loaded down the wings and one of these exceptionally talented players would be on the 4th line just out of lack of room... The team who ends up with the single best player in the trade is the winner of the trade 99% of the time, bring in the talent and then worry about putting the lines together later.

O'Reilly is the key, if he comes back in Feb, we're good. If not then I think the move has to be for a center.
That concerns me too. As I said above, I could see the Predators eventually deciding on moving Wilson back to center just out of necessity, unless they do bring in another center.

For those that think I'm giving up too many assets for the trade, can be brought in for less?

Does he fit into the style, culture, etc. of Nashville?

Is his $7 million salary the next two seasons an extremely significant concern for others?

David Singleton is online now   Reply With Quote