View Single Post
Old
01-06-2011, 10:12 AM
laufer72
Ashburton Grove

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtonsApple View Post
The "he" i referenced was the Corsi analyst criticizing Malkin. Well aware that the Penguins columnist was a women. In fact, i referenced her as a "her" before. So one would assume by your first sentence that suite101's creator is a woman? News to me.
It's not the first time your "Corsi analyst" takes stuff out of context. Corisi ratings have many factors that need to be taken into the contest, but also some that must not be involved. Relationship between "zone time" and Corsi rating is one that is a great example. If you look at the whole picture, you'll understand that what he produced and calls "adjusted rating" is something that very much takes a "who is on the ice" factor in the calculation. Malkin's rating for that particular year was bad, but you have to take in consideration that he had to drag Peter Sykora (who also prominently negative rating is displayed on his list) and Ruslan Fedotenko on his ass almost whole season. Things like that need to be understood if you want to pull the card of something like advanced statiscics, what basically Corsi is.

laufer72 is offline   Reply With Quote