View Single Post
Old
01-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
This is incorrect - route 403 goes on Rideau Street; it doesn't take the bridge. The stop is right outside the entrance to The Bay on Rideau Street. Cash fare is $3.25.

Pro-tip: the 400-series buses have a habit of filling up fast, and bypassing stops because they can't take anymore passengers. It's worth your while to backtrack to Hurdman Station and pick up the 403 there, since that's where the route starts. To get there, go up to the aforementioned bridge, cross the street, and take the first bus that comes (8, 85, 86 87, 95, 96, 97). Hurdman will be the fourth stop, less than five minutes from the Rideau Centre, and it's in the middle of nowhere. You'll be guaranteed a seat.

Buses leave Hurdman Station at 5:30, 5:35, 5:40, 5:55, and 6:05. They say it's 45 minutes from Hurdman Station to SBP, but with traffice, you could easily be late if you're on one of the last two buses (it's happened to me). If you don't feel like backtracking to Hurdman, the buses arrive on Rideau Street 8 minutes after they leave Hurdman, so that should give you an idea of where you have to be and when
To be fair I haven't taken the bus in just over a year. Didn't know the fare went up, or that it didn't come to the bridge (I was just going on the post from above.) I always caught it at Baseline.

Curtinho is online now   Reply With Quote