Thread: Injury Report: Josh Gorges DONE FOR THE YEAR!
View Single Post
Old
01-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
This one will hurt, especially since Montreal was deriving a lot of its cap efficiency from the contracts of Gorges and Markov. Even if Gauthier makes another move, he's not likely to get such a cap-efficient contract, and Gorges on LITR doesn't save a whole lot of cap.

It won't take many more D-men injuries for the unit to seriously start listing at this rate. Already with Hamrlik out the Habs are playing 4 bottom-pairing D-men.

We may be looking at another season lost to critical injuries. We're not there yet but we're certainly trending that way.
From what Gauthier said, he's not leaning towards making a deal. He said with Festerling, Carle, Picard, Weber and the addition of Wiz, we have depth.
Obviously, the quality of that depth is nowhere near Markov, Gorges and now Hammer.

Like I previously said, Price will now need to play like Miller did last year for the remainder of the season in order to get his team in a PO spot.
Even then, I really don't want Gauthier to go after a rental. It's tough to imagine we'll be able to get into the POs with our team looking as so. Seriously, I would be very surprised. At least last year, our players were set to come back, but this year both our #1 and 2 Dman gone for the year, I can't be very optimistic.

In any event, you never know what can happen. But if around the deadline we are about 2-4pts away or around the deadline, I want Gauthier to try selling some assets.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote