Thread: Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #4 RUN-OFF!
View Single Post
Old
01-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Radek27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortUWary View Post
I can only hope that opposing GMs are as dimwitted in valuing our "prospects" as some here...

If the Rangers were to inquire on the availability of Brad Richards from the Dallas Stars, I'd be overjoyed if Joe Nieuwendyk wanted Mike Sauer before Dylan McIlrath. That's not gonna happen...

Mike Sauer has played 40 NHL games, so he's obviously further along than an 18 year-old just drafted, right? By that logic, would some of you rather have John Erskine or Ryan McDonagh? McIlrath has a higher ceiling and more intangible assets than Sauer. I am baffled at people who would rather take a bottom-paring D who has limited skills over someone who could be a poor-man's Shea Weber or even better a Brooks Orpik type with some discernable offensive talent.
I would say he has the highest bust factor of any of our kids so that alone makes me wanna take Sauer and bump him down the list even further. I look at this McIrath guy as a pure project. Hasn't played hockey as long as other prospects and is limited in his game. He is also wayyy down on a decent depth chart of young defenders so most likely he's very far away from contending for a job.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote