View Single Post
Old
01-07-2011, 04:11 AM
Hockomatose

vCash: 500
In all honesty, I just don't think the Langenbrunner addresses any needs for the sharks at all. Temporary veteran presence? That hasn't helped us in the past, nor do I think it will help us now. So this year looks dreary, but reactionary trades that rid the team of expiring contracts, prospects, and picks do nothing but jeopardize the team's assets. Thinking that any reasonable trade half-way through the season can drastically improve our chances against disgustingly solid teams like Vancouver, Detroit, and LA is ridiculous. Excluding a steal of a trade, I just don't think DW should make a move right now.

Ride this year out. Hope for a lucky playoff run. Rebuild the defense next year. I hate seeing this team lose, and I am disappointed in the current underachievement of many of our stars. But I see this year as an experiment, whether intentional (I hope so) by DW or not. How much of this team can be carried by our top 3/4? How pertinent is a star goalie to the team's regular season success? Can the problems with the defense be fixed with a pair of slightly above average players or promising prospects (Braun), or does DW need an extremely strong D in order to solidify the blueline? A lot of these questions are being answered as the season progresses, and I can only hope that the team executives are taking the same notes that we are.

Hockomatose is offline   Reply With Quote