Game #42: vs New York, 1/07 (7:30 PM, FSSW, 1310 AM) AVERY SUCKS
View Single Post
01-07-2011, 06:05 AM
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vermont - NYC
Originally Posted by
Its true they're in a slump atm on the road, but they still play a very good road game. Very defensive and shut down. The side effect is they don't score very often on the road either, if we can put 3 past Henke we'll win this game. I can't remember the last time I watched a Rangers game where they scored in the first period.
Plus Avery might be fired up, let's hope he stays invisible.
• The Blueshirts have tallied the first goal of the game in 23 of their 41 games, posting a record of 17-5-1 in those contests, and own a record of 10-1-1 when leading after the first period.
• The Rangers lead the league with 13 victories on the road, having posted a record of 13-7-1 in 21 games away from MSG this season.
• New York ranks second in the NHL with 11 points when trailing after two periods, having registered a 4-9-3 mark in those games.
• The Blueshirts are 9-1-0 (4-0-0 at home, 5-1-0 on the road) in the second game, having out-scored their opponent, 31-12, in those games. Over the last two seasons, New York is 18-3-2 in the back-end of back-to-back sets, including a 8-1-1 mark at MSG and 10-2-1 on the road over the span.
• The Rangers currently lead the NHL with 1,179 hits and rank second with 651 blocked shots.
• The Rangers have had 15 different players credited with at least one game-winning goal this season, which is the most in the NHL.
• The Rangers lead the league in shorthanded goals (eight) and road wins (13), are tied for seventh in wins (23), and rank ninth in points (49) and goals (121), and seventh with a plus-17 goal differential.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Blazephr