View Single Post
Old
01-07-2011, 06:51 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
I'd say Langenbrunner leaving has absolutely no effect on Parise, unless he likes playing for captains who inexplicably give up on their teams midway through a season and never return to form.

You'll have to explain how they gave Parise's money to Kovalchuk. Seems to me they signed a perennial 40 goal scorer to an affordable contract that will eventually give them two of the most dangerous scoring lines in the NHL.

Again, absolutely no chance Parise leaves the Devils.

The Devils players have been sold a "take less for the team" just to see the team turnaround and give Kovy a 100 million dollar lifetime contract. We are still seeing the fallout of that deal if Captain America gets moved this morning for picks and prospects.

They can't give Parise their own homegrown star the same money they gave Kovalchuk, and Parise is the better player.

If I was about to go into negotiating my new contract and the company just handed some stranger a ridiculous contract thus preventing them from giving me market value, I'm taking a look around at my other options.

Ones players start looking at other options, there is a chance they leave. Especially a player like Zach who would be welcomed on most every roster in the NHL