Thread: Who else...
View Single Post
Old
01-07-2011, 09:37 AM
utmfisher19

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I'm sorry, but those numbers do not make sense. Look at where we are right now: We have $750,000K in cap space. Replace SOB with Hammer and we go over the cap. I'm not sure why you are including Lombardi in the equation... he was going to be signed regardless of our situation on D.
I keep bringing in Lombardi because we SAVED 1M in that situation. Followed by the extra 2M+ we would get from the 2nd round of the playoffs, minus the 1.5M salary from O'Brien and with Hamhuis 4.5M, we DON'T go over the cap. Btw, if we kept Hammer, we wouldn't have felt the need to resign Boullion for our 2nd pairing and just used Franson and Sulzer as our 3rd pairing.

Speaking of salaries, Hamhuis was going to sign here for less than 4.5M. His wife LOVES it here and wives have a TON of pull to what cities players in. Again, you can disagree all you want. But to say that it is not possible is not true. This is my last post about it. But, we didn't trade him at the deadline because we told him, 'Get us to the 2nd round and you will stay. Otherwise, we can't afford you' -- fact.

Last edited by utmfisher19: 01-07-2011 at 09:46 AM.
utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote