View Single Post
Old
01-07-2011, 10:25 AM
morffin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vofty View Post
some of us are, some of us aren't. In fact you won't find a more polarizing issue among Stars fans than Mikey. I think everyone can agree that he did a world of good for selling hockey in Dallas, but that seems such a long time ago now for some of us. Fans have known for years that Mo has been phoning it in, essentially just skating around the rink and collecting a pay check, waiting to retire. He finally admitted as much in Detroit, and well that has a way of pissing off fans who weren't already upset about it. Especially when he felt entitled to another year which would take away time from players who were actually working. Indications seem to point to him not having a great lockerroom attitude either, he felt very entitled and I can certainly understand why. It also doesn't help that Modano has never been one to know when to shut his mouth and since he has left he has said somethings just to bag on the Stars, for no real reason other than to make himself feel better. I'm definitely not a fan but he still does have quite a few fans around this board.
thanks..surprised to hear this..always thought he was a class act...but I really havent followed the Stars closely. Too bad that he's ruined his legacy there. ....Zubov used to be my neighbor when he played for the Rangers....very nice guy.....a horrible move by NY letting him go.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote