View Single Post
Old
01-07-2011, 12:43 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Actually, i read that he really needs to work on his physical play more than anything else, i heard that he's fairly weak on the boards, am i off base on this?

He's a guy who i really want the Oilers to target and maybe even over RNH if it comes down to choosing between the two but his apparent weak physical play might be a concern.
Sorry when I was saying strong physical play, I meant he doesn't shy away from taking or giving the big hit when needed, he'll get his hands dirty in a fight too if needed. I will agree he needs to be stronger on the boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
Strome may end up the best forward in this draft and I really want NJ to trade down to the 6/7 pick to select him. A player who has intelligence on the offensive side of the puck will easily learn the defensive side of the game.
The one thing he has going for him is he constantly improving, while Couturier and RNH havn't taken the next step this season. He is climbing up fast behind them for sure. However, one thing teams really look for from that #1 Center prospect is faceoffs, and although he has been good, it sounds like the other two have been stellar in that department.

notloilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote