Thread: Injury Report: Rozsival has a ribcage injury
View Single Post
Old
01-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Melrose_Jr.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
No they are not the same thing but unless you do those things I mentioned you are not good defensively. He is not a stay at home defenseman although with the way he has been playing in the O-zone he might want to consider trying to fill that role. I'm not really sure what your point is? Is it that we shouldn't expect him to win battles in the D-zone because he is supposed to contribute offensively?
My point is that I'm not expecting him to Marc Staal. He doesn't play and has never played a style of game where he consistently engages in and wins "physical battles in front of the net", your words.

Just as I don't see him giving pucks away at the rate you claim, I don't see him being consistently mugged in his own zone either. I promise you I will be specifically looking for these things tonight though. Seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
The way I see it, Rozsy's a servicable defenseman right now, I just dont see it lasting, he's on the decline, just like Redden was and why not move him now while he's stil worth something.
There's only one playoff bound team counting on Rozsival to bolster their depth on defense. The Rangers.

Without Del Zotto, they don't have the depth to part with him. As young as the defense is, I think it would be unwise to carry on without his experience. And for what it's worth, Rozsvial is one of only 2 players on the roster to have been with the team since the lockout (Lundqvist). The guy is a proud Ranger and that's not taken with a grain of salt by the coaching staff and management of the team.