View Single Post
Old
01-07-2011, 03:46 PM
sjmay*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dump and Chase View Post
I have seen the clips in the youtube video posted earlier in this thread. When I first watched it the day it was originally posted my thought was that she looked really out of place in that game. When you stated that she "was easily one of the top 4 D in the game" I went back and re-watched it.

Now I know the youtube was a puff piece so maybe the editor doesn't have a clue but all I saw in those clips was Ruggerio out of position in front of the net, getting easily boxed out just outside the crease, getting pushed off the puck (with one hand BTW) and she threw a really weak backhand at the net from the point (lol) that resulted in an assist. In fairness she also made a nifty little pass to her D partner in the one shot and got good position on a forward down low and shoved him out of danger behind the net.

Since you want to make the statement that she was one of the top 4 D in that game, how do you back that up? She was offered a one game contract how do you know she had the opportunity to play an entire season?

As I said earlier, I think that her playing in this game was more about marketing than skill and from the clips i watched she looked way out of her league.

Ruggerio's experience of playing in this game in no way represents a realistic argument that women are capable of playing in the NHL. None. Zilch. Nada. Capiche?
I know the family, that's how I know.

Never said it was a representation of women playing in the NHL, I did however say professional hockey, slight difference.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote