View Single Post
Old
10-08-2003, 06:25 PM
momentai

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
See... that is why it is about the future, not about what you have already done. It is about the guys that the league and fans will talk about, and build around.

And you use the term star rather losely there... Vinny? I would think that you would need more than a good season every couple of years to be a star, but hey that is just me.
It may be about the future but isn't the future a direct result of what happens in the past? Their past determines what pace they are on in terms of development and glimpses of what their potential could be. If it's about who fans will talk about and build around, I can't see why Joe Thornton is ranked lower than Hemsky at all. He is a guy you definitely build around. It's hard enough finding a skilled center but having one with a mean streak with the size to back it up is even more difficult.

As for Vinny, perhaps. Perhaps not. It's just a matter of definition I suppose. He was a star for them last year and scored nearly a ppg. He's well on his way and I think he'll prove that this season again. I did say COULD of course..