View Single Post
Old
01-07-2011, 08:59 PM
JimmyDarmody

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Gomez, Gio, Gill command should be respected...they've been in the league for many years and have played for winning organizations.

Gio especially gives it 100% every game. I hear what you're saying, but I think there are a lot of character guys on the team that command respect and deserve it.
Really? Because guys like Gomez, Gill, and Gionta will not be remembered 10 years from now. Players like that come and go and if you think they can live off their average reputations then I think it explains why some of the younger guys aren't overly interested in getting lectured by soft second liners and hulking 6th defensemen who are terrified of their own shadow.

To make matters worse, guys like Gomez and Cammy are the first to get the stick work going and lose their tempers. Don't count on any of them having your back though. It's not entirely their fault. Gomer, Cammy, and Gio are all physically weak by NHL standards so part of the blame has to go towards management for being obsessed with a effeminate brand of hockey.