View Single Post
Old
01-08-2011, 01:13 AM
Dark Knight
#WeTheGooners

vCash: 500
I'm constantly surprised with the players the Canadiens draft, but feel bad that more often than not they can't see the fruits of their labor.

I always liked Ryan O'Byrne and felt like if Montreal was patient enough, he would become a solid 2nd pairing D-man.

Always thought Halak had potential, and good on him to show that with the Canadiens in his last year with the team.

Latendresse took off in Minnesota, but wasn't able to with Montreal.

D'Agostini settled into a role with St.Louis but looked like he didn't have a place when with Montreal.

Grabovski is looking like a gem for the Leafs, and was traded when he was too raw.

I hope Sergei doesn't come to bite them in the ***, but even if he was to, one should keep in mind that no GM would have tolerated the kind of behavior Sergei was demonstrating when with the Canadiens.

Sometimes its player development, and many times its the surrounding atmosphere. Montreal and Toronto aren't the best places for youngsters to go through growing pains. There is a very little margin or time frame for them to show what they've got.

Toronto went through the same with the likes of Alex Steen and Carlo Colaiacovo.