View Single Post
Old
01-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Kritter471

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Larsen still needs to go back to the AHL to eat some cheeseburgers. His defensive play, while showing the right instincts, needs a little refinement that will come with ice time in all situations. They are not clearly confident playing him in all situations at the NHL level yet. He's getting no PK time and is being hidden from top forwards more than they hide Niskanen. That's absolutely proper for this stage of his career.

On offense, I love his willingness to shoot, but he has Stephane Robidas-syndrome - 3 of every 4 attempts get blocked because he's still telegraphing when he's going to shoot off a pass and when he's looking to pass.

I look forward to him being a full-time NHLer next season when he's put on about 15 pounds and learned a little more.

Oh, and BTW, piqued, on the play you mention at the top of my page, Robidas was pointing out the guy coming down the slot that needed to be covered by a closing backchecker. He wanted to make sure whoever the backchecker was (and I don't know if it was his partner or a forward) didn't try to double-cover the guy he had at the net, which has been a problem for this team this season.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote