View Single Post
Old
01-08-2011, 07:07 PM
TootooTrain
-

vCash: 500
Goc's return to former club
http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...s-opportunity/

It's strange to think that when the Pre*da*tors ini*tially sig*ned Mar*cel Goc in 2009, it was to a two-way con*tract. This is because two years later, Goc has become Nashville's stea*diest cen*ter*man and its foun*da*tion on the "Euro" line.

The Pre*da*tors sig*ned Goc from the Sharks, who play host to Nash*vi*lle later today. Goc's return to San Jose doesn't really pro*vide one of those "warm and fuzzy" memo*ries sto*ries like a lot of pla*yers do with the team that draf*ted them.

His highest ave*rage ice time with the Sharks was 13:55 and he often found him*self buried on the depth chart with San Jose's deep group of for*wards. Hence, Goc couldn't really show*case him*self. The trip here gives Goc and chance to relish in his current role and oppor*tu*nity with the Predators.

"I had to fight for my spot on the ros*ter. That was my first goal in trai*ning camp (in Nash*vi*lle)," Goc said. "I pla*yed a lot more which makes it easier to get into games. You get more con*fi*dent with the more ice-time you get. It’s unbe*lie*va*ble, the effect it has on you."

TootooTrain is online now   Reply With Quote