View Single Post
Old
01-09-2011, 01:07 PM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Mid-Point Grades

So I figured we could just do a grades thread now that we're 41 games in.

Mike Richards:
A-, having one of his better ES scoring years so far, defense could be a bit better although a lot of that may be his linemates.

Claude Giroux:
A, quieter recently, but still on pace for a solid season, still searching for a long-term spot IMO.

Jeff Carter: B+, moved past some really crappy line placements and has really started to assert himself all over the ice at ES, could use more goals.

Danny Briere: A, 40 goal pace and hasn't really hurt us defensively.

Ville Leino:
A, Just an ES force, I think he's underrated defensively and a great passer.

Scott Hartnell: A, always a noticeable presence now, miles better from last year.

Matt Carle:
C, Has done a really nice job on offense at ES, but still defensively iffy and has been really poor on the PP. Too many nights where it seems like he's the worst player on the ice.

JVR: B, He was a D for about 15 games and has been an A since, outside shot at 25 goals which isn't bad considering how he started.

Kimmo Timonen:
B+, I think he's definitely slowing down, not quite the elite No.1 that he was in 07-08 and 08-09, but still a great player for us.

Andreas Nodl: A, missed some chances, but all in all, has done a really great job.

Chris Pronger: B-, that Carle-Pronger pairing struggled a lot, not having the same type of monster defensive season he did last year. It's actually encouraging that we're doing this well despite not getting Pronger's best game yet (plus he's missed time).

Nik Zherdev: C, F on some nights, A on others, hard to lock him down.

Andrej Meszaros: B+, has done what was asked of him, still wouldn't mind seeing some more offense, not sure how he's only scored 1 goal considering how good his shot is.

Darroll Powe: B, done a nice job for the most part, still frustrates me a lot.

Sean O'Donnell: B+, does a great job with a minimum amount of fuss, really solidifying presence, only really had a few bad games on the year.

Blair Betts:
B, tough to judge him considering his revolving door of linemates, I am not sold at all on the Betts-Powe PK pairing though.

Braydon Coburn:
C, Zero offense, too many penalties, and some defensive clangers. Too often, his best nights are when you don't notice him which is fine for someone like OD, but you'd want to see more from a player with Coburn's sckills.

Jody Shelley: F, log of ****.

Sergei Bobrovsky: A, really, you couldn't expect any more, glad that he is getting a break.

Boucher: A, for a career backup, this has been impressive so far.

Lavi: A, really done a great job of getting max effort and performance out of this team, quite possibly the best coach we've had for a very, very, very long time.

MVP:
The Briere line, I can't choose any one member because they're all pretty essential. I know they don't play a ton, but I feel like that line has set a positive tone for us on so many nights. Always a go-to line for scoring and have won several games on their own.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote