View Single Post
Old
01-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Sergei Kostitsyn has 11 goals and 23 points on the season.

Andrei Kostitsyn has 10 goals and 23 points on the season.

Anyone else a little surprised?
Out of Andrei, Sergei, Grabovski, the best player while of the three while all on the Canadiens was Andrei. Now that Sergei, Grabovski and Andrei are all on seperate teams, the worst player of the three is Andrei.

lol. Just something I noticed today. I really do think it's the system and mentality of the Canadiens that limits players' output in terms of offensive numbers. It's no secret that players are asked to sacrifice their offensive capabilities in order to play a more conservative game. This was confirmed by Plekanec when he mentioned that Martin asked him to concentrate more on the defensive side of the game rather than the offensive side(during the playoffs). So I wouldn't be surprised if Martin asks for Andrei to limit the risky plays and turnovers. Andrei's creativity doesn't seem to be on par as his first two-seasons with the habs. To me he looks like a guy who doesn't want to make many mistakes. Actually this last point looks to be the case for many of the players who are not vets(Weber, Subban, Pacioretty, Pouliot, Eller, Andrei, suprisingly all guys who play on offensive game first).

I expect Andrei's stats to be completely different once he is longer a part of this team(which is inevitable). He'll play for a team that will make him focus less on the defensive aspect of the game and more on the offensive.

Last edited by Andy: 01-09-2011 at 06:51 PM.