View Single Post
Old
01-09-2011, 06:17 PM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
There is a difference between Walker and SK. Walker was an expansion pick up that was a defenseman that converted to being a forward. He was 25 or 26 when he got here after being a 4th line/3rd pairing/permascratch type for Vancouver. SK is 23. He needed a change of scenery and more minutes. Everyone thought he had the talent to produce, was never given the chance. I was thinking today, look at Big Buff and what he's doing in Atlanta. I don't think he was ever utilized by Chicago the proper way and he's got over 40 points for them this year, from the blueline. Who would've thought that would happen?

All that said, SK, for $550,000 this year, is a steal. He and Hornqvist seem to be clicking and he was clicking with Goc and Erat before Erat went down. When a guy keeps playing well with new linemates it tells me he's got an iota of talent.

I also got to thinking, we have 5 guys out right now and the other guys are rising to the challenge. If they have this sort of success when the roster is depleted, what happens when they come back? I hope Trotz and the boys realize this and they need to keep playing hard when guys like Sully and Erat come back and not to rely on the new guys coming back from injury. There is usually a little bit of a let down but hopefully they can stay focused.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote