View Single Post
Old
01-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Stradale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I feel people cannot give proper assessment of AK anymore.
I see people like Tremblay or Bouchard rolling clips of him playing claiming he's got no intensity, but then I see the exact same thing from other players.
AK is not the big hard checker, PF, every would like to see. Just like Lats could not be turned into Holmstrom.

I see AK make a lot of good plays offensively that aren't completed by his linemates. Of course, he will make some mistakes, just like every player does. But just because he doesn't have the same intensity as Plekanec or Gionta in his skating, doesn't mean he's lazy.
But I really feel like this year, it isn't very warranted.
Plekanec and Cammy have both had their share of struggles as well. Nobody will ever question Cammy's heart though, even if he's got 12G and getting 6M.

Sergei and Andrei would have made a great duo here. Them centered by Plekanec could have been magical, but we completely wasted that opportunity.
I waited all season last year to see that line.. i think it happened like once or twice. I always said the having both of them is a luxury. Its really a shame that they never really had the chance to play together for more than 5 games in a row.

If I'm the Preds GM, i would try to get AK at one point this season too. Not saying that they could become the next Sedins but they have all the tools to be successful in this league.