Thread: Speculation: Realistic signings!
View Single Post
Old
01-09-2011, 09:53 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetleh View Post
I read many think Richards and Parise is unlikely to end up i Rangers because of cap space and young guys coming up etc. But who is likely to join Rangers in the summer? Either traded or signed as free agents. And who will get new contracts and who will get traded away or get their contracts ripped a part?

Does torts like any particular players?
sorry if my english was bad!
I think your English is quite good and thanks for asking the question

I think coach Tortarella likes players with a physical aspect to their game

Richards is a pass first kind of player, but is very nice on the powerplay. He also has a history of playing for Tortarella when they were in Tampa together so it is why many rangers fans first talk about Brad Richards coming to NY. Personally I think Dallas keeps him they have a very good team this year.

As far as NYR needs I don't believe they will make a big free agent signing 2011 offseason as they have a good team that is young and buys into the coaching system.

Most NY fans wants Michal Rozsival to be traded because his contract is rather high and as a veteran dman he has value in the NHL. Also by trading him NY will get some salary cap space to spend on resigning Dubinsky who is a key player for the rangers.

Any money NY saves under the salary cap in 2011 will most likely go to retaining the players they have that the coach and GM agree are part of the core of the team.

such as Callahan, Anisimov, Boyle and Gilroy who are all RFA

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote