View Single Post
Old
01-10-2011, 01:17 AM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
heeeeellooooooooooooooooo Counter-Strike
Except they're not the same game at all and that's just a huge assumption based on graphical appearance.

CS takes a lot more patience and arguably skill to aim because the recoil is pretty heavy in CS while there's not much of it at all in Blacklight. Blacklight also features some drastically different game modes, a weapons shop, a virtual money system, a mission and attribute system, and bots. CS has none of those things. At least the last time I played it.

I know you probably weren't completely serious, but for some reason it makes me unhappy when people judge things without even giving it a chance or even having a basis to judge it on. Like I said, I can't find anything legitimate to complain about it. Only complaint I can think of someone coming up with is that it's too similar to other FPS titles (which I don't think is true) and even in that case, it's a free game so it's not as if it matters.

This game is also much more light-hearted (thus the Quake style announcements upon certain achievements), the level design is much more clever and advanced (well, in a way it is), and much more of a run n' gun game.

Like I said before, it's small system requirements and a small download. No reason not to try it if you're into FPS games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
It's been a bit over 10 years since I first played CS. October 2000.
Hasn't been that long for me, but it's been a while. Used to play CS 1.6 for a long time until I had to replace my computer (never bothered to get it again). CS takes a special place in my gaming heart because it was the first time I played an FPS game that forced you to play that "smart". The recoil on guns was really intense so you had to shoot in bursts and aim well (the former of which I had to adjust to). On top of that, the community was so good and your health so fragile that you had to play smart as well.

Took me a while to adjust to CS after playing games like Unreal Tournament and Quake: Team Arena, but I got pretty damn good at CS once I adjusted. IIRC, I loved using the MP5 and the AK in long-range situations.