View Single Post
Old
01-10-2011, 06:50 AM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I actually agree except for possibly Erat. Regardless it's something I've been putting a lot of thought into. What in the hell do we do when Sully and Erat comes back?

I do NOT want to see Wilson's or SK's time significantly reduced.

I can't stop myself from thinking Sully needs to be the guy who takes a reduced role. I know he is a vet and he truly has done tons for the franchise and city on and off the ice. But bottom line Sully is not the Sully he once was and how I like to remember him. He still has pretty good offensive skills but he doesn't have the same explosive speed and elusiveness he once had. He needs time and space to be effective. Even then quite often this year he has been an offensive momentum killer when he tries cute little dekes and passes that really never work. He's not proficient along the boards and in any other zone except the offensive zone.

Comparing him and Svatos the only thing I can say Sully has over Svatos is playmaking/vision with the puck. Svatos is a better natural goalscorer and despite being of similar stature battles hard in all areas of the ice.

Erat needs to get a good amount of ice time when he comes back. Even when he isn't scoring like we want him too he is a damn good hockey player who is fast and battles hard. Therefore I propose a lineup that goes like this.

Wilson-Legwand-Svatos
SK-Goc-Horns
Sully-Spaling-Erat
Dumont/Mueller-Smithson-Ward

Erat and Svatos can interchange but I would like to see Svatos get a little more time on that Legwand line before he is moved. Only one goal and one point for Svatos so far but to me he looks more comfortable and dangerous every game and as we all know this team needs shooters. If Svatos can get going and build confidence that could be huge.

Spaling being between Erat and Sully could hopefully help him find his offensive game.

The fourth line LW could be Mueller or Dumont. Despite Dumont's monumental struggles I do give him credit that he is still skating hard and battling which is the only thing that would give me hope that he could perform the role on the 4th line. Even then Mueller just sticks out to me as making more sense. As much as I like him as a player and person, finding a way to move Dumont would be best case scenario for all parties involved. Pretty sure he has a NMC though and doubt he would have any suitors.

This lineup would give you three legit two way lines and a damn good grinding line. Looks pretty good to me.
Thanks for stealing my line ideas.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote