View Single Post
Old
01-10-2011, 09:49 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJames View Post
Great news, and its amazing that we got him for such a low cap hit. If Doughty signs a discount contract, then the Kings will be able to sign Semin or Parise this summer!

Just curious, why is it that so many people expect Drew to get a short term contract? is it because of the problems between the league and the players union?
Since you quoted me, I'll respond. Personally, I think that the drop in DD's play from last year to this year will cause a division in terms of what each side thinks is a fair salary on a long-term deal. Doughty's camp will want to be paid based on the 2009-2010 season and DL will immediately point to this season and base his offer on that. I think the two sides will be to far apart to come to an agreement on a 5-10 year deal, thus resulting in a 2 year deal where Doughty can prove just how good he really is.

Right now I think he'll get a cap hit above Jack Johnson, if for no other reason than the fact he was a Norris candidate last year, but not a lot higher, thus the $9 million for two years I suggested.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote