View Single Post
Old
01-10-2011, 09:56 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
This is so much baloney. Kopitar was not "Dean's guy" yet he received a big contract and wears an "A". Brown was not "Dean's guy" but signed a great deal and wears the "C".

Does your universe have a place where players are accountable for their own performance and what they get and don't get is based on that?

Lombardi made a mistake in giving Lubo the extension. I am sure it was not an easy decision, but if you look back at the trade at the time Lubo did not really fit with this group in terms of his age. He had been banged up a little. Difficult to say that the trend for his performance might not be on the decline. He was also given an "A" in his last season and didn't really step up. He deferred on the ice to Blake way too often and was a turnover machine in his own end.

It was a solid trade for the Kings and a good hockey move for the team.
I agree 100 per cent. And I was happy with the trade then and absolutely love it now.

I also agree 100 per cent that it was a chicken **** trade to move a guy 3 days before his NTC kicks in, less than a year after signing him too it. Just calling it as it is.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote