View Single Post
Old
01-10-2011, 11:13 AM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
This is so much baloney. Kopitar was not "Dean's guy" yet he received a big contract and wears an "A". Brown was not "Dean's guy" but signed a great deal and wears the "C".
... Yawn. Kopitar made his NHL debut after Lombardi took over as GM. He was the Kings #1 prospect; obviously Lombardi would have been retarded to deal him off. Brown stayed precisely because he signed the Dean-friendly deal. Otherwise, he'd have been gone, too. Mighty big of Dean to keep both of them around, wasn't it? Such a charitable fellow he is.

Quote:
Lombardi made a mistake in giving Lubo the extension. I am sure it was not an easy decision, but if you look back at the trade at the time Lubo did not really fit with this group in terms of his age. He had been banged up a little. Difficult to say that the trend for his performance might not be on the decline. He was also given an "A" in his last season and didn't really step up. He deferred on the ice to Blake way too often and was a turnover machine in his own end.
... It's awesome and hilarious that you need to go on into this belabored and ridiculous explanation to justify your hero making a completely classless move. I don't know if you needed to write that because you wanted to justify it in your own mind, but it certainly isn't going to do that for me. Cool story, though.

Quote:
It was a solid trade for the Kings and a good hockey move for the team.
... I already posted that I liked the players he got in exchange for Visnovsky but thought the manner in which he went through with it was garbage. And, it was.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote