View Single Post
Old
01-10-2011, 01:32 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... Ahhh yes here we go again with the whole "I watch the games who needs the facts" take. It was a bit overdue, I think I last heard that line about a week ago? And I'm also overjoyed that Tony took his little shot at me, too; just wraps this **** topic up with a neat ribbon.

I guess if we throw out the numbers, we can make an argument that Kevin Westgarth is a better player than Anze Kopitar, but it doesn't make it a good argument, does it?

For the millionth time - I watch the games, too. And it's very evident that Doughty has been better this season. If you want to say he hasn't lived up to whatever expectations were set for him on the BB (30 goals? 100 points? +10000? World Peace?) that's cool. But he's still the best all-around defenseman on this team. My eyes see it, the facts say it. And do you know what the funny thing is? It's not even really that close, honestly.

... Unless you're at their homes or in the gym with them or in the locker room with them, it's just hearsay and speculation and biases and rumours. Not interested.
Will it be any more believable for you if a well respected Board member in excellent standing is also aware of what I speak:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad
You want to see an athlete that exemplifies endurance, agility and strength? Jack Johnson. I haven't seen it with my own eyes, but I have been told of his routine in detail. What I would not give to work out with him just one time. I want to know if I can make it through at his pace.
But that is just hearsay as well. As with most trial attorneys, I imagine I could likely figure out one of the 29 or so recognized exceptions to the hearsay rule to fit that info under and make it admissible, but still as long as you weren't there it never happened.

I guess the best way to analogize your response is that if a bear ***** on your doorstep at night, and you don't see him do it, you wont step in it on the way out the door in the morning. Good luck getting your shoes cleaned.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote