View Single Post
Old
01-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Ciccarelli

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotak View Post
Although I'm not a supporter of Dukla Trenčn, where he's played this season, according to Dukla's fans he's been one of the best players of the team. In my opinion he's a good team player, defensive responsible with good face off and it's likely for him to make 0.7-0.8 PPG in SM-Liiga. In Slovak Extraliga he made 26 points in 25 games.
However I doubt he's got a chance to play at the World Championship in Slovakia this year.
Thx for the info!

Let us see how he'll do, it wouldn't be all that surprising to see him score higher than 0.5PPG since he's probably a better player now than he was back in the AHL, netting big numbers and minutes in a good league in Slovakia must have done him good. Oh and I'm not sure how the fact that the WC is held in Slovakia slipped my mind like that, ofcourse you're gonna ice the best possible team which is hard to make for any player outside of the NHL/KHL.

On a side note, it's been pretty cool to see that some of the SM-Liiga teams are starting to sign some Slovaks too after a long brake, even my team have a couple of em (although Kudroc is not your typical Slovak ). I remember in the mid to late 90's when sst used to sign boatloads of Czech and Slovaks, they were always my favorite players even if they did or didn't produce any. Jan Lipiansky

Ciccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote