View Single Post
Old
01-10-2011, 06:03 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprevost View Post
In addition, he coughed up the puck that led directly to the 1st goal on Saturday. Clear it up the middle right? right.... wouldn't be the first time.
That was one of the plays I'll never forget, and you know what? He does on a near nightly basis, sometimes it costs us sometimes Price or his D-partner bail him out. Regardless, it happens far too often with Picard.

I am fine with Picard being a Hab, as a 7TH defenseman. Weber is a little like Subban in that there is not much more he can learn at the AHL level, he's dominated the league and he is going to have to learn the game at the highest level and progress here. He's proven so far in my opinion he can be a reliable 6th defenseman, and if he can ever find his offensive game at this level he'll be even more so reliable and efficient. He's not going to learn or progress much from the pressbox, but the crime isn't that we have a young player in the pressbox (that's bound to happen over an 82 game season) the crime is that Martin continues to utilise an older Defenseman who's already hit his ceiling (or very close to it) and it's below where Weber already is at!

Other then another injury, there is no reason Picard should be in the line up.. That's just what I think.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote