View Single Post
Old
10-08-2003, 09:26 PM
Divine Wind

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFHACommish
I'd say you trade that little squirt for a big prospect like pitkanen...leclair's out...how bad does clarke need a forward?
Never happen, but from what i hear, Clarke is very high on Comrie. Maybe we can pry Woywitka out their organization. That kid has 'Jason Smith protege' written all over him. On a completely different proposal, as far as the chances of us going for a stud d-man prospect. I say we target Komisarek from MTL. Sure he is very close to untouchable, but if I am Gainey, and my team stumbles out of the gate(offensively), i would have to take a long look at this proposal. Comrie would be inserted directly into the line up, taking on 2nd line centre duties over, adding scoring depth, while not sacrificing a current roster player. In all likelyhood none of these trades would take place, short of a depseration act(more suited for a trade deadline deal in an effort to make the playoffs). You simply just don't trade stud defense prospects. Perhaps make an overpay, and dangle Comrie + Laraque/Bergeron under there noses, with a pick being added from their side. We all know how the Habs love their french Canadian palyers.

Comrie + Bergeron for Komisarek + 4th .... thoughts?