View Single Post
Old
06-29-2005, 10:57 AM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan10
He can play in front of the net. He did it when he was put on the top line with the Phantoms for a few games. I blame his lack of progress on John Stevens. Why Stevens had him play with with Jeff Smith and Josh Gratton is beyond me. We all know that Eager can chuck the knuckles. However, he has offensive potential that can be exploited and developed and John Stevens failed to do that. Put Ben with some talented players and we can watch his offensive game develop.

I just get the sense that maybe they have to be yet another goon. If that's what Stevens does with him this upcoming season, then it's yet another waste of a player in the Flyers system.
playing in front of the net in the AHL is completely different than playing in front of the net in the NHL... as is most things AHL v. NHL. i'm not negative on the kid, think he has a chance to be a decent player, and i'm hoping he gets a more prominent role on the team next year to find out what we got in him. needless to say, the fact that he was playing on a very deep team throughout the season is a nice statement about his potential imo.