View Single Post
Old
06-29-2005, 10:03 AM
FlyersFan10*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
playing in front of the net in the AHL is completely different than playing in front of the net in the NHL... as is most things AHL v. NHL. i'm not negative on the kid, think he has a chance to be a decent player, and i'm hoping he gets a more prominent role on the team next year to find out what we got in him. needless to say, the fact that he was playing on a very deep team throughout the season is a nice statement about his potential imo.
I think so as well. We all know too that once the season starts back up, there's going to be probably 7 to 8 Phantoms who will be on the big team. That means there should be lots of room for Eager to be on one of the top two lines and get away from the goons. I think he could be really effective patrolling the wing with someone like a Ryan Potulny type at center. The other winger on that line could be Stefan Ruzicka. Like I said previously, the options with Eager on a skill line are very great. He's got an excellent shot and we all know he can keep up as his skating is superb. Let him clear a lane to the net and have lots of open room for the more talented guys and there's no reason why he couldn't be someone who scores a lot of garbage goals and be one of those players you just hate to play against.

I just don't hope they don't view him as a Chris Neil type of player. Eager has much more skill than that and I hope that the Flyers really exploit that side of his game.