Thread: Comrie
View Single Post
Old
10-08-2003, 09:43 PM
Divine Wind

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
True. People get carried away because he can score. So what. Czerkawski could do that at some point also. But he's never been an important part of any team. Comrie can score, but is small, horrible in his own zone, and spoiled/selfish have been words that stuck to him since he's been in Edmonton.
Alright, time to put an end to this "comrie is horrible in his own zone theory", sure last year was a bad year for Mike, but he was injured, and came back to early. His lack of hand mobility caused for a lot of turnovers, which will kill any player's +/-. He was only -4 before his injury. The thing I think people are losing sight over is his 2001-2002 campaign(and also his first full season):

Stats: Mike Comrie
Games played: 82
Goals: 33
Assists: 27
+/-: +16(team leading +/- for the season)
PM's: 45
PPG's: 8
SHG's: 0
GWG's: 5
GTG's: 4
Shots: 170(ranked 3rd on the team for the season)

I think people are completely over looking his that he is young still, what kid has put up numbers like that in his first full season??? Not too many i would imagine. The kid is clutch as well when the chips are down, he basically single-handedly dragged the Oilers into the playoffs down the stretch. Plus, he has been training hard over the summer with a fitness guru out of L.A.. I think this is Comrie's year to bust out big time, I just don't see it happening in EDM, he does not want to play here, due to intense media scrutiny covering his every move. Mark my words though, pending he sees a full season, or close to one, he will blow away his previous season's totals, and finish on the + side by the end of the season. Just some food for thought.