View Single Post
Old
10-08-2003, 10:14 PM
Croc

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Croc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
I can't see Lowe even considering this deal.. neither of these players would help the Oilers at all this season. At the moment, Beech is no better than Reasoner/Horcoff/Stoll at center and likely wouldn't even play for us this season. Welch, though a decent prospect, looks like he still needs some seasoning and would not beat out Ferguson/Luoma/Bergeron for a spot. I think this trade undervalues Comrie by a fair bit.. it would likely take at least one of Whitney/Orpik to spark Lowe's interest in a deal.
Neither would your original trade? Whitney is in college no? The only dman we have who would help you out this year is Orpik but i doubt CP would move him for a 5-9 holdout we cant afford. All our other dmen are too injury prone(Rozy, Melichar) too old(Bergevin) or too crap(the rest) maybe Tarnstrom but we'd have to add something else obviously
Hypothetically if we did trade for Comrie and signed him for say 2 mill with the potential to make up to 4 mill through bonuses.(playing with Lemieux its a high possibility). If he and Fluery both had good years we'd just have trade one of the 2 and it dam well wouldnt be Fluery. Comrie aint a good fit in the burgh.