View Single Post
Old
10-08-2003, 11:23 PM
FacelessButcher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
I would say that Salo is untouchable, but I said the same thing about Doug Weight, Mike Comrie and Wayne Gretzky. I see him being expendable if we can get a young goalie in return like a Luongo, Dipietro, Blackburn etc. but for a Boucher, hell no.
That was a rumour and Luongo,Dipietro,Blackburn r u f'in nutz no way we land any of them I think Lowe would get two back-up goalies who never really got a starter's chance and then play them both until one proves himself better or go with whoever is hot and their is a flood of affordable goalie talent at the moment. I am not sold on getting rid of Salo and would like to keep him but if it comes down to trading him now or letting him become a free-agent and get nothin I would trade him now.

we could probably swing a deal like this

to St. Louis:
Salo(in need of a number one)

to Edmonton:
Brent Johnson(potential number one it seems St.Louis is pretty displeased with him)
Shawn Belle(good defensive prospect Edmonton boy)

To Atl:
Shawn Horcoff(we can replace him with Stoll, one of Ninimaki and Pouliot will come up in the next two years and need to make room for them.Atl needs to get rid of a goaltender and need a third line-center)

To Edm:
Pasi Nurminen(potential number one never really got a good shot at it)

Nurminen and Johnson would save us $1.7million dollars then we can trade away the weaker one and move up a year or two older Conklin after or choose a goalie duo like Minnesota.

P.S. Boucher was stellar that one year for Philli in the playoffs I would not write his career off yet.